Friday, September 10, 2004

100000 Mile-stone

Woo hoo! The old girl rolled over to 100,000 today. I was driving to the gym this evening and noticed that the numbers were dangerously close to 999,999 miles. I started speculating how far it would take to get to the gym. If the parking garage was more than 3 tenths of a mile in and out again. After working out, I managed to remember my quest. I pulled my digital camera out of my work bag to capture the moment for posterity. This brought me back to my childhood where we'd lean over the bench seat of the family station wagon to peer over to see the numbers roll over. For a new car the big numbers were 1000, 5000, 10,000 and so on. An older car hitting 100,000 was a landmark event and we'd drive around for miles so we wouldn't miss it. I will eventually add some of those pics for your viewing pleasure. In addition to the actual odometer reading, I'll toss in one with the great view I enjoyed as I cruised down the Embarcadero waiting for it to turn from 99,999 to 100,000. Mom and Dad would be proud to see the tradition is still alive and well.

No comments: