Monday, March 3, 2003

Driving Thought

I know I promised to write more last month and here I am again, doing what appears to be a monthly report again. Really I mean to write more. I start stuff in my head, but for some reason it never gets typed out and posted for you to see. But I’ve managed to figure out what the cause is. This past Summer when I was writing up a storm (more or less), I was driving at least 30 minutes a day. I seem to do a lot of thinking when I drive. On the 20th when I was off I managed to run enough errands to give me a few journal ideas. These days I spend a lot of time riding Muni buses into the Mission to get home. The people watching opportunities are too great to get lost in my own thoughts. So I'll try to drive more and post more, but no promises okay? Send me your ideas about where you do your thinking that I can use for inspiration.

I have been busy doing all sorts of things lately. This past weekend a friend got handfasted and I was one of her attendants, the Wench of the East. I have a great outfit that I will wear again, even if it’s just for Halloween. Not everyone can admit that. Plus there is the added bonus of the fact that my co-wench and I managed to sew our own skirts which looked pretty darned good.

I’ve also been doing a bunch of free-lance work fixing computers and in some instances getting paid for it. I enjoy being able to help people with things that are easy for me and getting money for it is especially nice. Also this is good since I’m less inclined to screw around with my own computer, so for a change everything I own works fine.

I’m going to take a bookmaking class this month. Please don’t send me information on the hazards of illegal gambling. I’m not making those sorts of books. There is a place called San Francisco Center for the Book and I’m going to take some classes. It’s not painting, which I still miss doing, but it is something I’m interested in doing and will distract me in a creative way for a little while.

In addition to this fun stuff for me, I’m certified to complete basic tax returns. Through work I am volunteering time on Saturdays through April 15th to prepare tax returns for the working poor. Not only do I get to feel good about helping people who don’t have a lot of money to start with, get back money from Uncle Sam, I also will be building up comp time which will allow me some needed time off.

I’m starting to look for a new place to live this month too, so you can be sure that getting more entries here will continue to be tough. But hang in there and join the notify list to get email from me when I manage to get something new online.

Hey write me back, what are *you* up to??

No comments: