Wednesday, September 4, 2002

100 Random Bits

An email list I belong to got us all listing 100 random things about each other. I found it facinating how much information you can learn from a person through these random facts. Equally fascinating how much there still is to learn about them. Here's my list:

1. I love making lists – they make me feel good especially when I’m really stressed out.
2. If I won a million dollars I would quit my job and paint.
3. I’ve only painted for the last 7 years so I still have a lot to learn.
4. I love driving cars with stick shifts.
5. When I drive automatic cars, I spend half the time stomping the floor
board looking for the clutch.
6. I’m the only left-handed person in my family.
7. I love cheese, but life has cruelly made me lactose intolerant.
8. I’ve been laid off three times in the past 15 months.
9. I hate being bored.
10. I’m easily amused.
11. I often enjoy commercials more than the TV show I am watching.
12. I always sing in the car.
13. I’ve worn glasses since I was 10.
14. I started my period when I was 10 and didn’t know what it was until it.
happened the second time.
15. I am the third of four children.
16. I learned to smoke in the girl scouts when I was 13.
17. I don’t normally smoke but really want one after I have 5 or more beers.
18. I don’t drink that much anymore.
19. I drink decaf coffee and have since May 2000.
20. 3 of the 4 cars I have owned have been blue.
21. I have 4 nieces.
22. I’m looking forward to being cool Aunt Stephanie.
23. I like brussel sprouts.
24. I’m an Oakland A’s fan.
25. I’m half-Italian and half-German.
26. I love to cook and LOVE to eat.
27. For as long as I can remember, I have gotten these odd body aches but they aren’t as bad since I’ve stopped drinking caffeine.
28. I love playing board and card games.
29. I used to have a black thumb, but have three plants that are still alive and make me think that it was just a phase.
30. My mother thinks that my bisexuality is a phase.
31. I was seduced by my first female lover.
32. My mother thinks that my last lover seduced me. She was wrong.
33. I was born and raised in NY.
34. I do not have a New York accent.
35. I love books of all sorts and love libraries because there, books are
free!
36. I like to sleep with the window open.
37. I love limes, especially in sparkling water.
38. I used to be a lifeguard and had the best tan for 6 years.
39. My astrological sign is Scorpio with Aquarius rising as well as Aquarius moon.
40. I love listening to people’s stories.
41. I have 4 computers (2 Pcs and 2 Macs).
42. A friend told me that statistically there is one computer and one gun for every household in the US. I am obviously hording some gun collectors' computers.
43. I made a website to learn how to do HTML because all my friends were doing it – four o'clock.com.
44. I got kicked out of college twice.
45. My favorite playstation game is Bust-A-Move 4.
46. I have always lived close to water.
47. I was supposed to fly to NY on September 11th.
48. I don’t have any tattoos or piercings, but keep thinking I will at some point if I could only decide what I would still think is cool when I'm old and wrinkly.
49. I puff my cheeks when I drink and got the nickname Cheeks and Puffer from my family when I was a kid.
50. A squirrel bit me when I was 12.
51. I love going to the movies.
52. I played goalie on my high school soccer team.
53. I’m a closeted pack rat.
54. When I moved to California, I devised a color-coded system and database to keep track of my possessions in my storage locker.
55. I used this same system when I pack up my stuff and moved this past summer.
56. I’m a bit of a pyromaniac and love to play with candles, campfires, fireplaces and stuff.
57. I love sensual things, rich colors, the way things feel, smell, sound
and taste.
58. I’m allergic to cats, dust, olive trees, and most grasses.
59. I prefer dark chocolate to milk chocolate and don’t like white chocolate at all.
60. I’ve traveled to 12 different countries and to or through all but 11 of
the 50 states.
61. I hated vegetables as a kid, but really like them now.
62. I started getting grey hair in my early 20s and I dye my hair to hide
this fact.
63. I was raised Catholic and still know a lot of the mass by heart.
64. I’ve been in the hospital twice, once when I was five to have my tonsils and adenoids removed and again when I was 27 to remove a bunch of fibroid tumors from my uterus.
65. When I was in college I sold Cutco knives.
66. I love gadgets and technical doodads and I've got a bunch of them that I really don't need.
67. My last partner had a liver transplant last year.
68. I actually like liver. I figure it’s because I was never forced to eat it.
69. I pretend that I’m not a morning person, but am usually happiest in the morning.
70. I prefer morning sex to nighttime sex.
71. I went to my high school prom with my best friend Christopher who also happens to be gay.
72. When we went back to our 10 year reunion, we were one of 4 people who were not wearing black outfits.
73. I was editor-in-chief of my high school yearbook.
74. The first time I was ever home sick I was 20.
75. I like giraffes.
76. I’ve never had a surprise party.
77. I love guacamole.
78. I tore the ACL in my left knee playing in a squash tournament and
strangely enough I was actually winning for the first time.
79. I hate being too hot, especially if my eyelids get sweaty.
80. I’ll be 36 this year.
81. I’ve never dreaded getting older and have never lied about my age.
82. I used to play French Horn and always assumed that I’d have one when I was older.
83. I don’t have a French horn.
84. I love shoes and hate when you have to break them in. Almost all of my shoes are extremely comfortable.
85. I want to learn Spanish.
86. Sometimes I talk too much.
87. When I catch myself talking too much, I will consciously try to listen
more than I talk. When I do this, my silence seems to freak out my friends.
88. I hate it when people who know it all spend all their time telling
people what to do, whether anyone wants to hear it or not.
89. I am guilty of retail therapy.
90. I miss my grandmother.
91. I’m 5”1’ 1/2 but always tell people I am 5”2’.
92. I lost about 50 lbs in the past year.
93. I learn from my mistakes and I make a lot of mistakes.
94. I collect state quarters from both the Denver and Philadelphia mints.
95. I didn’t talk until I was almost 4 years old.
96. I drive much faster than I should when I’m by myself.
97. I’ve driven in NYC enough that I can be an aggressive driver when I need to be.
98. I think I’ve got sexy ankles.
99. I’ve been told I make little noises when I’m reading or watching TV.
100. Even when I’m in a really foul mood, music always makes me feel better.

Tell me a random bit about you

No comments: